ITS TIME FOR GLOOOOOOOOOORRRRRYYYYY 34

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

ITS TIME FOR GLOOOOOOOOOORRRRRYYYYY 34

Postby Luigi » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:50 am

Tonight at 9 30pm est.

Glory WW Champion, pro boxer, and reality TV star Neiky Holzken takes on his rival Murthel Groenhart. They have fought twice before. Holzken won both, but they were both close any many fans including me had Groenhart edging the second fight. This time they both want a KO to silence any doubt.

The former Glory LW champ Robin van Roosmalen just lost his title in a close decision, but he has always been undersized for LW so he is dropping to FW to fight Canadian champion Gabriel Varga. Basically this is Frankie Edgar vs Jose Aldo, the KB version.

There is also a rematch between Simon Marcus, who just lost the MW belt, and Dustin Jacoby, the American poster boy.

There is also a 4 man MW one night tournament.

Then there are the super fights:

Tongchai Sitsongpeenong was a great Muay Thai champion known for being very big for a Thai and beating many Thai and Western opponents. However, his career was derailed when he became addicted to gambling on cock fights. They say if it wasn't for his addiction he would be much better than his teammate Sittichai, who is the current LW champion. Tongchai is fighting at WW against Casey Greene, a young American prospect.

The other big super fight is former LHW champ Saulo Cavalari vs Brian Douwes, who was the original winner of Ganryujima, which was that bloodsport MMA moat fight tournament.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:02 am

Luigi wrote:The other big super fight is former LHW champ Saulo Cavalari vs Brian Douwes, who was the original winner of Ganryujima, which was that bloodsport MMA moat fight tournament.

- Gonna watch this. But i miss K1.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:03 am

Luigi wrote:The other big super fight is former LHW champ Saulo Cavalari vs Brian Douwes, who was the original winner of Ganryujima, which was that bloodsport MMA moat fight tournament.

- Gonna watch this. But i miss K1.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:15 pm

^Speaking of Ganryujima, apparently they also had an event yesterday. I wont give too much away, but Kikuno was in it, someone successfully monkey rolled someone into the moat, and a Sumo wrestler crushed a boxer by charging him off the ledge and landing on him. Unfortunately only the last 10 seconds of the firsts with finishes are online. I'm hoping they get uploaded soon, especially the final and the fight with Marcus Arelio.

Lion Fight was also last night. Joe Rogan's favorite fighters clash as Smokin Jo Nattawut dropped down in weight to challenge for a second title against Malaipet(Buakaw's cousin). Results:
Spoiler:
Nattawut dominated.

As for Glory, spoilers below:

Neiky looked really sharp with nasty leg kicks before he broke his foot at the end of round 3. After that point Groenhart took over and put a beatdown on Holzken. Overall Holzken won a very close decision. Both of them are going to have trouble walking for a while.

Van Roosmalen was on point and sharp as hell. The funny thing is he didn't even look big for FW. He will be going back up to LW though, he knows he will crush all the FWs, at least until Petpanomrung debuts.

Marcus broke Jacoby's arm with a kick, which is unfortunate because the fight was surprisingly close up to that point. Tongchai destroyed the American, Saulo decisioned Douwes.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:13 pm

Luigi wrote:^Speaking of Ganryujima, apparently they also had an event yesterday. I wont give too much away, but Kikuno was in it, someone successfully monkey rolled someone into the moat, and a Sumo wrestler crushed a boxer by charging him off the ledge and landing on him. Unfortunately only the last 10 seconds of the firsts with finishes are online. I'm hoping they get uploaded soon, especially the final and the fight with Marcus Arelio.

- I searched the net to find if Ganryujima was still around but cund`t find nothing about it. It`s cool to see the promotion going. I`m a Kikuno fan, hope he did well, the same as Marcus Aurelio.

Lion Fight was also last night. Joe Rogan's favorite fighters clash as Smokin Jo Nattawut dropped down in weight to challenge for a second title against Malaipet(Buakaw's cousin). Results:
Spoiler:
Nattawut dominated.

As for Glory, spoilers below:

Neiky looked really sharp with nasty leg kicks before he broke his foot at the end of round 3. After that point Groenhart took over and put a beatdown on Holzken. Overall Holzken won a very close decision. Both of them are going to have trouble walking for a while.

Van Roosmalen was on point and sharp as hell. The funny thing is he didn't even look big for FW. He will be going back up to LW though, he knows he will crush all the FWs, at least until Petpanomrung debuts.

Marcus broke Jacoby's arm with a kick, which is unfortunate because the fight was surprisingly close up to that point. Tongchai destroyed the American, Saulo decisioned Douwes.

- It`s Glory on a major network?

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Ganryu Jima has a paid subscription website where you can watch the fights, but apparently this event isn't posted yet and they will get to it "eventually." I am hesitant to pay because all of their previous events can be found online for free if you look hard enough. You can watch the end of the fights with finishes by going on twitter and viewing the posts of that Gabaki Hitman guy. He made gifs of the finishes. There are tons of spoilers on his twitter though.

Glory is on ESPN 2, which is fairly big, and they're on tape delay on ESPN 3, which is ESPN's online channel. The Glory Super Fight Series, which is the prelims+ 1 title fight per event, airs live on UFC Fight Pass.

Return to “Super Dojo”