Bibiano Fernandes to defend ONE title in December

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Bibiano Fernandes to defend ONE title in December

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:31 am

by Danny Segura @DannySeguraTV Oct 25, 2016

Bibiano Fernandes will return to the ONE Championship cage this year.

Fernandes is scheduled to defend his bantamweight tittle against Reece McClaren at ONE Championship's Age of Domination. This title fight will be the second championship fight on the card, as Brandon Vera will defend his heavyweight title against Hideki Sekine in the main event, according to the promotion Tuesday.

This fight also marks Fernandes' second fight in the 2016 calendar. Fernandes' only fight so far this year was a title defense against Kevin Belingon, where he defeated the challenger with a first-round kimura. The Brazilian has only defended his 135-pound belt four times since unifying it with the interim title back in 2013. Fernandes is currently on an 11-fight winning streak with his last loss being in 2010 where he lost his DREAM featherweight belt to Hiroyuki Takaya.

His opponent, McClaren, is 9-3 as a professional fighter and currently finds himself on a four-fight wining streak. McClaren's last loss came to now UFC fighter Ben Nguyen in 2014. The Australian last competed at ONE Championship 41 in April, defeating Muin Gafurov via decision.

ONE: Age of Domination event is set to take place on Dec. 2 at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay, Manila, Philippines. The 10-fight card goes as follows:

----------------------------Main card---------------------------------------------
Brandon Vera vs. Hideki Sekine
Bibiano Fernandes vs. Reece McLaren
Mark Striegl vs. Rafael Nunes
Geje Eustaquio vs. Toni Tauru
Honorio Banario vs. Rajinder Singh Meena
Edward Kelly vs. Sunoto
April Osenio vs. Jenny Huang

-------------------------------Undercard------------------------------

Liu Peng Shuai vs. Sim Bunsrun
Xie Bin vs. Mario Satya Wirawan
Danny Kingad vs. Eugene Toquero

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/25/13404694/bibiano-fernandes-to-defend-one-bantamweight-title-in-december
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”