Combate Americas inks deal with Azteca

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Combate Americas inks deal with Azteca

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:05 pm

by Dave Doyle @davedoylemma Oct 26, 2016

Combates America is bringing its product to Mexico City -- and has a new Spanish-language broadcast partner in both the United States and Mexico.

The Hispanic-themed mixed martial arts promotion will partner with Azteca television -- TV 7 in Mexico, the equivalent of a network television broadcast, and Azteca America in the United States, to air live monthly fight cards.

The first such event, at Gran Teatro Moliere in Mexico City on Jan. 19, will feature a rematch between John Castaneda and Gustavo Lopez to crown the first Combate Americas bantamweight champion. Castadena defeated Lopez via fifth-round TKO on Oct. 14 in Verona, N.Y. But he missed weight and thus was ineligible to win the championship in what was originally scheduled as a title fight (Lopez would have claimed the belt with a win).

"Our partnership with Azteca will take Combate Americas to the next level," said Combate Americas founder and CEO Campbell McLaren. "I was there for the beginning of the UFC and saw how critical the correct television partner is to the growth of the franchise. Azteca has incredible reach in both the U.S. and Mexico, which is why this is such an exciting time for us."

Additionally, a weekly show called Combate Americas Azteca, featuring taped highlights of previous fight cards, will air, with the debut show running on Nov. 3 at 10 p.m. ET.

Live Combate Americas events will still be available in English via UFC Fight Pass.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/26/13413436/combate-americas-inks-deal-with-azteca-schedules-debut-mexico-city
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”