Fabricio Werdum explains Nike Instagram post

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Fabricio Werdum explains Nike Instagram post

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:10 pm

says it's in 'protest' of Reebok pay

by Danny Segura @DannySeguraTV Oct 26, 2016

Fabricio Werdum told Reebok to suck a certain part of his body earlier this week.

The former UFC heavyweight champ took to Instagram on Tuesday to take a shot at the official apparel sponsor for the UFC – Reebok. In his post, Werdum said, 'I'm not generic, I'm Nike since childhood,' and used the hashtags in Spanish that translate to #suck #myballs #reebok. As expected, Wedum's Instagram post got a lot of attention from fans and media, spreading throughout the web.

Just hours later after the post, 'Vai Cavalo' went on live on Facebook to explain what he meant with his controversial photo.

"I was protesting," Werdum said. "Actually, I'm not forced to use Reebok. I don't have a contract with them. For people that don't know, Reebok sponsors, well, sponsors, only during the fight and in the fight week you have to wear it [Reebok gear], it's in the contract. In reality, I don't have a deal with them to post outside the UFC. I can post whatever I want, if I want to post Kings MMA, I'll post. If I want to post Nike or any other company or the sponsors I have, anything, so I'm not obligated. For people saying I'd get in trouble, there will be no trouble. It was just a protest, something that before we could show any sponsor we wanted. We used to get real good money, it was a lot different from Reebok. Today, with Reebok there is a pay scale, if you have a certain number of fights you get $5.000, $8.000. Of course it's good money, but nothing like it was before, so of course it was a protest."

Full read http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/26/13425036/fabricio-werdum-explains-nike-instagram-post-says-its-in-protest-of
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”