Some pretty damning evidence against Jones

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Some pretty damning evidence against Jones

Postby Luigi » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:00 am

The details of USADA's investigation of Jon Jones' positive test are quite interesting. To summarize Jones' defense, he said that he asked his friend Eric Blasich about dick pills, Blasich orders some pills for him not knowing they contain anti-estrogen agents, Jones takes them and tests positive. Things that stand out from the investigation include:

1. The original oral testimony is inconsistent with the later written testimony which was clearly coordinated by Jones and his associates.

2. Blasich provided a receipt for the purchase of the pills, but USADA noticed that he could not possibly have supplied Jones with pills from this order because he had left NY to meet Jones before the order arrived.

3. When Blasich then provided the real receipt for the order, it also contained an order for pure clomiphene, one of the anti-estrogen agents Jones tested positive for.

4. When USADA tested the dick pills, they contained both agents found in Jones system. However they also contained a third substance in similar quantity of which there is no trace in Jones' blood samples.

5. USADA however punished Jones as if the dick pills were indeed the cause of the failed test, and said he was reckless with what he put in his body.

6. The information from this investigation will be presented to the NSAC, who will themselves be disciplining Jones. They may not be as favorable as USADA and may use the aggravated circumstances to give him the maximum penalty of 2 years suspension.

Detailed article on it:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/7/13 ... is-ufc-200

Summary article:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/9/13 ... da-ped-ban

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:07 am

What I find most troubling about this is the situation is only so transparent because they fucked up in multiple ways. Someone who knew how to cover their tracks could very easily make it seem as if the dick pills actually were the source of his positive test and the MMA community would be left to think he didn't have intent. The exact same tactics could of course be used for tainted supplements.

This begs the question, ought we to assume everyone who uses dick pills or tainted supplements is guilty of concealing PED use? I would say yes, if not for the fact that quite a few MMA fighters come off as total meat heads who might actually do something this dumb. Its a tough call to make.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:33 am

Luigi wrote:What I find most troubling about this is the situation is only so transparent because they fucked up in multiple ways. Someone who knew how to cover their tracks could very easily make it seem as if the dick pills actually were the source of his positive test and the MMA community would be left to think he didn't have intent. The exact same tactics could of course be used for tainted supplements.

[color=#000000]This begs the question, ought we to assume everyone who uses dick pills or tainted supplements is guilty of concealing PED use? I would say yes, if not for the fact that quite a few MMA fighters come off as total meat heads who might actually do something this dumb. Its a tough call to make.[/color]

- There`s someone else doing those type of thing for them, the majority of athletes or actor don`t know what they`re putting on their body. They trust on someone else, and some times that person fails. And you`re right, they know what supplement will contain the substance that their athletes fail or will research for then. Some guy`s smoke weed as masking agent too, they see if it`s a mildly suspension and use the substance that has the smaller punitive time.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”