Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:50 am

plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.

Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) captured the 185-pound belt at UFC 199 in June when he scored a stunning first-round knockout of Luke Rockhold. He made his first successful defense in October, avenging a loss to Dan Henderson with a unanimous-decision win.

Bisping is looking to return to the octagon in January, with the recently announced UFC 208 event on Jan. 21 in his backyard of Anaheim, Calif., being a fight date that would work perfectly for his current schedule.

“I might have another big movie role that starts filming end of January,” Bisping told MMAjunkie. “Sometime in January would be nice. So I can get a fight, then do the movie, if the movie comes. It’s not guaranteed yet.”

If Bisping, No. 1 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA middleweight rankings, does fight in January, the big question would surround which opponent would challenge him in his second title defense. The winner of Saturday’s UFC 205 bout between No. 3-ranked Chris Weidman (13-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC) and No. 4-ranked Yoel Romero (11-1 MMA, 7-0 UFC) seems like the most likely candidate.

Whether that unfolds, or someone like Ronaldo Souza or Georges St-Pierre comes into the fold, is something that will be revealed in time. However, Bisping said he would like a fight with Weidman more than any option that currently exists.

“(I would like to fight) Weidman, because he’s a tit,” Bisping said. “No, Weidman’s all right. I’ve got nothing against Weidman. I’ve berated his accomplishments as a champion. That’s what started this beef a while ago. He’s all right. I like him and his whole team – they’re all really, really cool guys. We’re both competitors. He wants what I’ve got. There’s a bit of history there. I think people will be interested in that fight, as well.”

At 37, Bisping knows he is reaching the final fights of his career, despite the fact he currently sits atop the middleweight mountain. He said earlier this year that his dream scenario would be to register three consecutive title defense then retire from the sport on top, but now he has slightly changed his tune

Source http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/champ-michael-bisping-wants-next-defense-at-ufc-208-in-anaheim-plans-to-retire-when-he-drops-belt
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:10 pm

If he loses I would like to see rematches with Kennedy and Belfort.

Return to “Super Dojo”