Patricky Freire injured

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Patricky Freire injured

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Bellator 167 main event scrapped

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Nov 25, 2016

Bellator 167 has lost its main event once again.

Patricky Freire, who was scheduled to meet Derek Campos on Dec. 3, has suffered an undisclosed injury and won’t be able to fight next weekend. Bellator officials confirmed the news to MMA Fighting.

According to the promotion, Campos will be paid his show money and rebooked early in 2017.

Freire vs. Campos was announced as the new headliner for the card in Thackerville, OK, after Pat Curran vs. John Teixeira was canceled due to a Curran injury. Bellator has yet to announce its replacement atop the bill.

Freire and Campos battled for the first time in 2014, and "Pitbull" won via second-round knockout in the 155-pound tournament semi-final. They were expected to rematch in April, but Campos was forced out of the Bellator 152 main event due to an injury.

Bellator will host two shows next week in Thackerville. On Friday night, bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas defends his title against Joe Warren in the main event. The Saturday card also features a rematch between Darrion Caldwell vs. Joe Taimanglo.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11/25/13746018/patricky-freire-injured-bellator-167-main-event-scrapped
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”