Got dat BLUE Belt..!!!

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Got dat BLUE Belt..!!!

Postby Masato » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Just got back from my first BJJ class in over 6 years! It's a new club with late night classes so I can go after I'm done work. Instructor is a Nova Uniao brown belt. Hope I keep it up this time :)

There is no hope, do like Yoda says on this one, do or do not. Its simply a long-term mental commitment imo

I dropped out and came back so many times it was stupid. Only now I understand that BJJ can only be learned through CONSISTENCY. You simply have to make it a priority and part of your life and do not make excuses, get your ass to class. Over and over, for life.

I'm really happy I made that commitment, only 10 years too late, lol. It not easy over 40, but if I hadn't made that choice I think I would be a lot more crusted already and sore, maybe to the point that doing jiu jitsu might not be possible anymore... Now it keeps me sore but its also keeping me healthy, motivates me to watch what I eat better, motivates to try to get stronger even only a little.

I think the trick is to find a realistic PACE to set... a pace that you feel is manageable say for the next 10 years, don't overdo it and burn out. I am learning slowly, perhaps not as fast as others, I only train usually twice a week, but its what I can do and as long as I'm being consistent and feeling like I'm progressing, however slow this is success for me

Do it man! make that choice. If we're lucky enough to have spouses who understand and support that is gold, I find it makes lots of other aspects of life better too

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Masato wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:Just got back from my first BJJ class in over 6 years! It's a new club with late night classes so I can go after I'm done work. Instructor is a Nova Uniao brown belt. Hope I keep it up this time :)

There is no hope, do like Yoda says on this one, do or do not. Its simply a long-term mental commitment imo

I dropped out and came back so many times it was stupid. Only now I understand that BJJ can only be learned through CONSISTENCY. You simply have to make it a priority and part of your life and do not make excuses, get your ass to class. Over and over, for life.

I'm really happy I made that commitment, only 10 years too late, lol. It not easy over 40, but if I hadn't made that choice I think I would be a lot more crusted already and sore, maybe to the point that doing jiu jitsu might not be possible anymore... Now it keeps me sore but its also keeping me healthy, motivates me to watch what I eat better, motivates to try to get stronger even only a little.

I think the trick is to find a realistic PACE to set... a pace that you feel is manageable say for the next 10 years, don't overdo it and burn out. I am learning slowly, perhaps not as fast as others, I only train usually twice a week, but its what I can do and as long as I'm being consistent and feeling like I'm progressing, however slow this is success for me

Do it man! make that choice. If we're lucky enough to have spouses who understand and support that is gold, I find it makes lots of other aspects of life better too

- Just remember that a lot of people started later than you guys. Of course we all think what would happen if i started before?
But our before was more immature, more lenient, lazier.

Just read the letter of the music on my signature

I've been defeated and brought down
Dropped to my knees when hope ran out
The time has come to change my ways

On this day
I see clearly
Everything has come to life
A bitter place and a broken dream
And we'll leave it all
Leave it all behind

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

- Let the broken dreams behind and follow the ones that still intact.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:30 am

Holy FRAT!

But noted. Thanks! I'm excited to be back on the wagon. This time last year, I got back into working out because a 24 hour gym opened up by me. This year, I find a BJJ place that fits my schedule. I'm on a roll :)

Return to “Super Dojo”