Got dat BLUE Belt..!!!

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Got dat BLUE Belt..!!!

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Hey all

Got my Blue last week! Feeling stoked.

I've been falling on and off the BJJ wagon since like 1999. Really terrible how long its taken to get this, lol

After having kids, building a career, getting sick, a bunch of injuries, being a lazy fuck and making a ton of excuses, its only now in my 40's that I'm really understanding the kind of commitment and discipline it truly takes to progress. I hope to continue the pace, I don't want to fall off that wagon anymore.

Its weird how it changes the mind, I grappled better right after that promotion than I ever have before, I feel like I've entered a whole new world everything's different

Can't wait to get back on the mats for a second test drive :D

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:14 pm

Congrats bud!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:40 pm

Congrats again bro, we gots to go break that thing in yo......
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:21 am

- Congratulations Masato.
All the great warriors toward human history have wore the noble color of Blue, Super-man, Leonardo the ninja turtle, Spider-man and Batman.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:34 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Congratulations Masato.
All the great warriors toward human history have wore the noble color of Blue, Super-man, Leonardo the ninja turtle, Spider-man and Batman.

lol Great point.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:16 am

Awesome, congratulations! I am a lowly white belt. Only chance to get promoted in Sweden back when I did BJJ was to get on a seminar with Royce. Per eklund was the first blue at my gym aside from my instructor omar bouiche who was only a purple. Very happy for you brother.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Great stuff Masato! Congrats! This actually inspires me :)

So when you compete these days, do they put you in the senior's division?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:50 am

yes they will.....
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Big congrats :) but don't let the crazy belt system warp your mind. nouewbie mentality every time you step on the mat.

"Its weird how it changes the mind, I grappled better right after that promotion than I ever have before, I feel like I've entered a whole new world everything's different "

There marketing team seems like they are more powerful than GE or nike hahah

You are the best guy on the mat every time you step on, you will learn from everyone but those pesky whites are not below you and those purples etc are not above you. Don't alow the belt to influence your perception of your team mates. See everyone as a black belt and then attack .

keep the trainig up fella. 17 years . big respect :) Best guy I ever rolled with was a blue belt, technical, strong , killer instinct etc.

Any ways . big congrats . :) keep on crushing

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Just got back from my first BJJ class in over 6 years! It's a new club with late night classes so I can go after I'm done work. Instructor is a Nova Uniao brown belt. Hope I keep it up this time :)

Return to “Super Dojo”