Vitor Belfort vs. Kelvin Gastelum, Edson Barboza vs. Beneil Dariush

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Vitor Belfort vs. Kelvin Gastelum, Edson Barboza vs. Beneil Dariush

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:30 am

set for UFC Fight Night 107

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Dec 14, 2016

The UFC will return to Brazil on March 11, and Vitor Belfort will headline the card against Kelvin Gastelum. The UFC announced the middleweight bout on Wednesday. Combate first reported the match-up.

UFC Fight Night 107 will take place at the 17,000-seat Olympic Training Center in Fortaleza, marking the promotion’s return to the capital of Ceara for the first time since UFC on Fuel TV 10 in 2013.

Gastelum (14-2) impressed with another win as a middleweight, stopping Tim Kennedy at UFC 206, and mentioned his interest in fighting “The Phenom” at 185 pounds if he couldn't return to the welterweight division.

Belfort (25-13), on the other hand, has lost back-to-back fights to Ronaldo Souza and Gegard Mousasi, both by technical knockout. The former UFC champion is 4-0 when headlining UFC events in Brazil.

The UFC also announced a lightweight clash between Edson Barbosa and Beneil Dariush to the card.

Barboza (18-4) returns to action after scoring back-to-back decision victories over Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendez in 2016. Dariush (14-2) is coming off consecutive wins over James Vick and Rashid Magomedov.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/14/13957066/vitor-belfort-vs-kelvin-gastelum-headlines-ufc-fight-night-107
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:00 pm

Thats a tough fight for Vitor. I thought they would give him someone weaker.

Cool to see Dariush get such an elite opponent, he has done well lately. Ashurbanipal would be proud.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:19 am

Luigi wrote:Thats a tough fight for Vitor. I thought they would give him someone weaker.

Cool to see Dariush get such an elite opponent, he has done well lately. Ashurbanipal would be proud.

- Belfort career has spawned for almost 20 years, this without counting the grueling training. I don`t think he can perform at the high level any more.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”