Marlon Moraes says he can beat anyone, including

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Marlon Moraes says he can beat anyone, including

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm

UFC champ Cody Garbrandt

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jan 4, 2017

Marlon Moraes successfully defended his World Series of Fighting bantamweight title on Dec. 31, and he’s once again a free agent.

The Brazilian talent, who signed a one-fight deal with WSOF earlier this year, knows what he wants after scoring a first-round stoppage victory over Josenaldo Silva in New York.

"I want offers,” Moraes told MMA Fighting. "I got in there and showed what I can do. We’ll see who wants to watch Marlon Moraes fight now, and who is willing to pay the price Marlon is worth. When I have a chance, I’ll show the world what I can do.”

Moraes says he’ll sign a deal with a promotion as soon as he gets the offer he expects, and explains one of the most important things he wants form his new home.

"I’ll weigh everything, talk to my family and my team, and decide what’s best for me, my next step,” Moraes said. "I want to fight the best and show my skills, but I also want to be valued.

"A professional needs to know that he’s being valued for his work. I want that. I want people saying ‘I want to have this guy here.’ This is important for me. We’ll see where I find that.”

Less than 24 hours before Moraes’ 11th victory under the WSOF banner, the bantamweight title was on the line in the UFC Octagon. Dominick Cruz, who dominated the division for years, suffered his first defeat in almost a decade against Cody Garbrandt.

Moraes enjoyed Garbrandt’s performance, but thinks he has what it takes to beat any bantamweight in the world.

"I was surprised a bit,” he said of Garbrandt vs. Cruz. "Cody did a great fight and deserved to be the champion that fight, but I wasn’t that surprised. He’s a great athlete, a great fighter, and deserved the opportunity. I think I can fight anyone, him, Dominick, and beat anyone on a good day.

“(Garbrandt) is a well-rounded fighter. He’s good. But I have to be myself and fight my fight. I can beat anyone.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/4/14152082/marlon-moraes-beat-any-bantamweight-including-cody-garbrandt
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”