Ev Ting vs. Kamal Shalorus at ONE: Throne of Tigers

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Ev Ting vs. Kamal Shalorus at ONE: Throne of Tigers

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:03 pm

by MMA Fighting Newswire Jan 9, 2017

A lightweight tilt between rising Malaysian contender Ev Ting and former UFC fighter Kamal Shalorus has been slated to headline ONE Championship’s Throne of Tigers event on Feb. 10 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Promotion officials announced the match-up on Monday.

Ting (12-3) is one of the top contenders in the ONE Championship lightweight division. Nicknamed “E.T.,” the 27-year-old fighter has won six out of his seven appearances in the ONE Championship cage, highlighted by a trio of successive wins over Honorio Banario, Eric Kelly, and Robert Lisita.

A win very well could propel Ting into pole position for a shot at new ONE lightweight champion Eduard Folayang, but first he’ll have to get by Shalorus (9-4-2), a well-traveled 39-year-old who has competed in both the WEC and UFC cage.

Shalorus has not fought since Aug. 2014, when he lost to Shinya Aoki via first-round submission in a bid for the ONE Championship lightweight title. Prior to that, he won back-to-back fights over Folayang and Ariel Sexton under the ONE umbrella.

“It’s always an amazing time when the team is in Kuala Lumpur, because Malaysian fans are so intensely passionate about MMA that the atmosphere in the stadium just hits a fever pitch,” ONE Championship CEO Victor Cui said in a statement. “We can’t wait to be back in February. Ev Ting is the biggest Malaysian MMA star right now, and he is poised for another thrilling performance.”

ONE: Throne of Tigers takes place at Stadium Negara in Kuala Lumpur. The event will be broadcast live via online pay-per-view.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/9/14219668/ev-ting-vs-kamal-shalorus-headlines-one-throne-of-tigers-in-february
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”