Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson set for UFC 208

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson set for UFC 208

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:14 pm

by Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi Jan 13, 2017

“The Spider” is coming to the Big Apple.

Anderson Silva will face Derek Brunson at UFC 208 on Feb. 11 in Brooklyn, UFC president Dana White announced Friday via Twitter. It’s a much-needed boost for a card struggling with regards to star power.

Silva (33-8, 1 NC) was last seen in the Octagon at UFC 200, coming in on just two days notice to face light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier in a non-title fight. The Brazilian legend and former longtime middleweight champion fell in that fight by unanimous decision. Silva, 41, is one of the greatest of all time, but has not officially won a fight since 2012.

Brunson (16-4) is currently one of the top fighters in the middleweight division. The JacksonWink product is coming off a first-round TKO loss to Robert Whittaker in November, but won five straight — four via first-round knockout — before that. Brunson, 33, is 7-2 in nine UFC fights after coming over from Strikeforce.

UFC 208 at Barclays Center is headlined by the inaugural women’s featherweight title fight between former bantamweight champ Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie. Silva vs. Brunson seems likely to be the co-main event. It’ll be the UFC’s third event in New York State in four months.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/13/14270364/anderson-silva-vs-derek-brunson-set-for-ufc-208-in-brooklyn
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:27 am

Fun fight. I think Silva can take it.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Good stuff. These days I only get excited for the old schoolers. Praying for BJ tomorrow.

Return to “Super Dojo”