Charles Oliveira set to grapple 3 time BJJ world champ Celso Venicius

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Charles Oliveira set to grapple 3 time BJJ world champ Celso Venicius

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:07 am

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jan 18, 2017

Charles Oliveira’s will be back in action in February, but not inside the UFC’s Octagon.

The Brazilian featherweight is slated to grapple three-time jiu-jitsu world champion Celso Venicius in a 10-minute match under ADCC rules in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Feb. 11, sources told MMA Fighting.

Oliveira (21-7, 1 NC in MMA) competed for years in jiu-jitsu before making his transition to MMA in 2008. “do Bronx” holds a 9-7 UFC record with one no-contest, with eight of those wins coming by way of submission.

Venicius won the IBJJF world championship as a black belt in 2005, 2006 and 2008. The talented grappler made his mixed martial arts debut in 2011, and compiled a 5-1 record in the Brazilian circuit with three submission victories.

The Oliveira-Venicius grappling match is promoted by ADCC. Later that day, Arzalet Fighting Globe Championship will take place at the Mauro Pinheiro gymnasium in Sao Paulo, and feature the MMA debut of grappling wizard Rodolfo Vieira against Zarylbek Daniyar

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/18/14314268/ufcs-charles-oliveira-grapple-bjj-champ-celso-venicius-in-february
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”