WSOF champ Marlon Moraes in talks with UFC

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

WSOF champ Marlon Moraes in talks with UFC

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 am

By: John Morgan | January 19, 2017

LAS VEGAS – WSOF bantamweight champ Marlon Moraes (18-4-1) is a free agent and currently entertaining an offer from the UFC. If a deal can be reached, his manager already has an opponent in mind.

Moraes’ manager, Ali Abdelaziz, today told MMAjunkie that if his client puts pen to paper, he’ll be lobbying for the Brazilian to face UFC bantamweight contender Jimmie Rivera (20-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) at UFC 210, which takes place April 8 at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, N.Y.

Moraes currently sits at No. 6 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA bantamweight rankings, and Rivera checks in just behind at No. 8.

“I believe Marlon is capable of beating any bantamweight in the world,” Abdelaziz said. “Jimmie needs a fight, and Marlon deserves to fight a top-ranked opponent if he signs with the UFC. This fight just makes sense.”

Moraes has been a fixture of WSOF events, debuting with the promotion’s inaugural event and registering 11 appearances – all victories – for the organization. Moraes fought most recently at December’s WSOF 34 event, where he was unleashing a barrage of strikes against opponent Josenaldo Silva, who suffered a knee injury in the exchange and was forced to quit in the opening round.

Full read http://mmajunkie.com/2017/01/wsof-champ-marlon-moraes-in-talks-with-ufc-manager-eyes-jimmie-rivera-in-buffalo

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”