Travis Browne vs. Derrick Lewis new UFC Halifax main event

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Travis Browne vs. Derrick Lewis new UFC Halifax main event

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:04 pm

by Dave Doyle @davedoylemma Jan 23, 2017

UFC Fight Night 105 will get a heavyweight main event, just not the one fans originally expected.

Travis Browne will meet Derrick Lewis in the main event of the Feb. 19 event in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. MMA Fighting confirmed an initial report by Yahoo Sports.

Browne and Lewis were initially slated to compete at UFC 208 in Brooklyn. But the bout was shifted after the original main event of Junior dos Santos vs. Stefan Struve was called off due to a shoulder injury suffered by Struve.

Lewis (17-4) has won five fights in a row, most recently a fourth-round knockout over Shamil Abdurakhimov in a December fight in Albany. Four of his five fights in the stretch have been KO/TKO finishes, as has 15 of his 17 career victories.

Browne (18-5-1), meanwhile, has struggled to get his career back on track. The competitor, who was at one point 17-1-1, has dropped three out of his past four fights, getting finished in the first round by Andrei Arlovski and Cain Velasquez and losing a decision to Fabricio Werdum at UFC 203.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/23/14364396/travis-browne-vs-derrick-lewis-named-new-ufc-halifax-main-event
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”