Bellator pulls Chael Sonnen from SUG 3

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Bellator pulls Chael Sonnen from SUG 3

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:44 pm

by Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti Jan 24, 2017

Update: According to multiple sources, Bellator has pulled Chael Sonnen from the event. He will not be competing on Sunday after all.

There ain’t no rest for the weary.

Less than a week after falling short to Tito Ortiz at Bellator 170, Chael Sonnen will jump back into the fray to square off against decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Garry Tonon on Jan. 29 in a short-notice grappling match at Submission Underground 3.

Sonnen, the owner and promoter of SUG, serves as a replacement for Tonon’s original opponent, Hector Lombard, who was forced to withdraw from the match due to his upcoming UFC bout against Johny Hendricks on Feb. 19.

SUG 3 takes place on Jan. 29 at the Roseland Theater in Portland, Oregon. The grappling-only event is headlined by a tilt between Conor McGregor training partner Dillon Danis and top BJJ player AJ Agazarm and will stream live on FloGrappling.

This will not be the first time in recent years that Sonnen will try his hand in a grappling-only competition. Last March, Sonnen worked to a three-round draw against UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping in the combat sports oddity that was the UR Fight pay-per-view.

This time around, Sonnen joins a main card that also features the return of suspended UFC featherweight contender Chad Mendes. An updated SUG 3 main card can be seen below.

Dillon Danis vs. AJ Agazarm
Chael Sonnen vs. Garry Tonon
Jeff Monson vs. Gordon Ryan
Chad Mendes vs. Jeff Glover

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/24/14372172/chael-sonnen-replaces-hector-lombard-against-garry-tonon-at-sug-3
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”