Bellator 173 and BAMMA 28 to join forces for show in Belfast on Feb. 24

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Bellator 173 and BAMMA 28 to join forces for show in Belfast on Feb. 24

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:46 pm

by MMA Fighting Newswire Jan 24, 2017

Two promotions are combining to put on a big show in Europe again.

On Tuesday, Bellator put out a press release announcing that it will join forces with England-based BAMMA for a second show. The second collaborative effort will take place on Feb. 24 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and will be dubbed officially Bellator 173 and BAMMA 28.

Bellator and BAMMA co-promoted a show in December in Dublin — Bellator 169 and BAMMA 27 — featuring a main event between Muhammed Lawal Satoshi Ishii.

A pair of up-and-coming names from the famed Straight Blast Gym (SBG) — James Gallagher and Sinead Kavanagh, both who appeared on the Dublin card — were also announced for the event.

The 20-year old Gallagher (5-0) will take on Kirill Medvedovsky (7-3), while Kavanagh (4-0) will fight Iony Razafiarison (1-1, 1 NC) in a 140-pound catchweight bout.

The main event for Bellator 173 will be a light heavyweight bout between England’s former champion Liam McGeary (11-1) and Dublin’s Chris Fields (11-7-1).

“We had a great time working with David [Green] and the BAMMA team in December for what was an incredibly successful Bellator debut in Dublin,” Bellator CEO Scott Coker said in the statement. “We’re looking forward to heading north with them to Belfast for another amazing co-promotion that will feature some of the world’s best fighters.”

The BAMMA 28 side of things will feature a lightweight bout between UFC veteran Norman Parke (22-5-1) and Paul Redmond (11-6).

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/24/14371994/bellator-173-and-bamma-28-to-join-forces-for-show-in-belfast-on-feb-24
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”