Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 set for UFC 210

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 set for UFC 210

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:53 pm

by Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani Jan 25, 2017

Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson are going to give it another go in April.

Cormier will defend his light heavyweight title against Johnson at UFC 210 in Buffalo on April 8, MMA Fighting confirmed. Cormier announced the news on “UFC Tonight” Wednesday night.

The pair were scheduled to rematch at UFC 206 in Toronto last month, however, Cormier was forced to withdraw from the fight due to a groin injury.

“I want to let the great fans that bought tickets for UFC 206 in Toronto that this one is for you,” Cormier told MMAFighting.com. “Ninety-nine miles is as close as I could get to make it up to you. That was very important to me. Thank you for the support, and I’ll see you in Buffalo.”

Cormier defeated Johnson at UFC 187 in May 2015 to become the light-heavyweight champion after then-champion Jon Jones was stripped of the title due to legal issues stemming from a hit-and-run accident.

Cormier (18-1) is coming off a unanimous decision win over late-replacement Anderson Silva at UFC 200 in July, while Johnson (22-5) most recently knocked out Glover Teixeira in 13 seconds at UFC 202 in August. Johnson has won three fights in a row since his loss to Cormier.

Also recently announced for the card is
Chris Weidman vs. Gegard Mousasi.

The event, which will mark the promotion’s first in Buffalo since UFC 7 in 1995, will take place at the KeyBank Center, home of the NHL’s Sabres.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”