Koscheck’s Bellator debut set for next month

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Koscheck’s Bellator debut set for next month

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:19 pm

by Danny Segura @DannySeguraTV Jan 31, 2017

It looks like Josh Koscheck will finally make his Bellator debut.

Bellator announced on Tuesday that former UFC title challenger Koscheck has been scheduled to face Mauricio Alonso in a welterweight bout on the main card of Bellator 172. This event is set to take place at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. on Feb. 18, and is currently headlined by heavyweights Fedor Emelianenko and Matt Mitrione.

Koscheck, who fought most of his entire career under the UFC banner, made his move over to Bellator in June 2015. Since then, the 39-year-old fighter has been scheduled to make his promotional debut twice, once at Bellator 148 and the other at Bellator 158, but has been forced to pull out of the fights due to injury. Koscheck last fought at UFC Fight Night 62 back in 2015 where he suffered a submission loss to Erick Silva.

His opponent, Alonso is riding a two-fight winning streak. The 36-year-old Brazilian has a professional record of 12-7 and one no contest, and last competed in August. Alonso has fought once for the promotion, losing a decesion to Nick Pica at Bellator 142.

Additionally, the promotion also announced a middleweight bout between Anatoly Tokov and Francisco France, and the cancellation of a previously announced main card bout between Adam Piccolotti and Brent Primus. Piccolotti was forced to withdraw due to an undisclosed injury.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/31/14455736/josh-koschecks-bellator-debut-set-for-next-month
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”