David Branch relinquishes his WSOF titles, officially a free agent

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

David Branch relinquishes his WSOF titles, officially a free agent

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:38 am

by Chuck Mindenhall Feb 6, 2017

It’s not everyday that a two-division champion from a national MMA promotion becomes a free agent, but that’s the case with David Branch.

Branch was the reigning middleweight and light heavyweight champion with the World Series of Fighting — was because the 35-year old Bronx native said on Monday that he was granted his wish to be released, and is therefore free to sign wherever he wants.

“I’m definitely a free agent now, I’m officially a free agent,” he said during an appearance on The MMA Hour. “I’m going to be looking to explore my opportunities on the outside of WSOF. And I think it was about time for me and the company to just split ways. There was some misunderstandings that happened, and as a result of those misunderstandings it was best for me to be released and stuff like that. Plus I just want to do other things.

“I think one of the big things that people — people and the media, and to myself, you know I’m 35 years old right now and at the end of this whole fighting career, and I’m a two-division champion and all that — but people will always say, ‘well he didn’t do it in the UFC.’ Well you know, here’s the deal. I’m a free agent now. People have been saying for years that I’m the best fighter on the outside of the UFC. I disagree. I believe that I’m the best fighter in the world. And I think that now is my opportunity to be able to prove that.”

Branch is coming off a middleweight title defense over Louis Taylor at WSOF 34 (submission, fifth-round rear-naked choke), which was held at the Theater at Madison Square Garden on Dec. 31. Before then he successfully defended his 205-pound title against Vinny Magalhaes at WSOF 33 in October.

Full read http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/6/14525490/looking-to-grow-david-branch-relinquishes-his-wsof-titles-officially-a-free-agent
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”