Werdum vs Rothwell slated for UFC 211

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Werdum vs Rothwell slated for UFC 211

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:10 am

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Feb 9, 2017

Another heavyweight fight was added to UFC 211.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum will take on Ben Rothwell in Dallas, Texas on May 13. MMA Fighting confirmed the match-up with multiple sources following a report by Combate.

Werdum (21-6-1) enters the fight coming off a decision victory over Travis Browne in September. The Brazilian fighter, who bounced back from losing his UFC belt to Stipe Miocic in May, was expected to return on Dec. 30 against Cain Velasquez, but the fight got cancelled days before UFC 207.

Rothwell (36-10) was riding an impressive winning streak before his last UFC appearance, when he lost a decision to Junior dos Santos. In that four-fight stoppage streak, Rothwell finished Brandon Vera, Alistair Overeem, Matt Mitrione and Josh Barnett.

UFC 211 takes place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, and features heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic putting his title on the line in a rematch with former titleholder Junior dos Santos in the main event.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/9/14570564/fabricio-werdum-ben-rothwell-slated-for-ufc-211
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”