Liam McGeary to face Linton Vassell at Bellator 179 in London

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Liam McGeary to face Linton Vassell at Bellator 179 in London

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:23 pm

It didn’t take long for Bellator to find former light heavyweight champion Liam McGeary his next opponent.

Just moments after McGeary defeated Brett McDermott at UFC 173 on Friday night, the promotion announced that he will turn around and face Linton Vassell on May 19 in London.

The 34-year old McGeary (12-1) defeated McDermott via second-round TKO (doctor stoppage) in Belfast at Bellator 173, in his first bout back since losing the title against Phil Davis in November.

Linton, a fellow Englishman, is riding a two-fight win streak, his latest coming against Francis Carmont in November. Overall “The Swarm” Vassell has won three of his last four, with a victory over Emanuel Newton also in his resume.

Bellator 173 will take place at the SSE Arena in London, England, and will feature a headlining bout between welterweights Rory MacDonald and Paul Daley. Also announced for the card is a bout between Derek Anderson and British phenom, Michael Page.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/24/14735866/liam-mcgeary-to-face-linton-vassell-at-bellator-179-in-london
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”