Charles Oliveira suspended 60 days by NYSAC for leaving cage at UFC 210

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Charles Oliveira suspended 60 days by NYSAC for leaving cage at UFC 210

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:37 pm

by Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti Apr 12, 2017

Charles Oliveira is the latest fighter to face sanctions from the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC).

Following his victory at UFC 210, Oliveira was given a 60-day suspension by the commission for exiting the cage during his contest against Will Brooks at the KeyBank Center in Buffalo, New York. The NYSAC confirmed the news Wednesday following an initial report by ESPN.

An emotional Oliveira scaled the fence and embraced his cornermen outside of the Octagon just moments after submitting Brooks with a first-round rear-naked choke at UFC 210. NYSAC rules prohibit exiting the area of competition before a bout is officially over.

Oliveira will be free to return to active competition on June 7.

The sanction mirrors the one issued to UFC middleweight contender Yoel Romero last November in the aftermath of UFC 205. Romero, like Oliveira, was given a 60-day sentence after jumping over the cage following his emphatic victory over Chris Weidman.

For Oliveira (22-7, 1 NC), the performance at UFC 210 snapped a two-fight losing streak and marked a successful return to the lightweight division following a string of botched weight cuts at featherweight. Despite his success, though, the 27-year-old Brazilian campaigned afterward to get another shot at the featherweight division, pledging that his weight cutting issues were behind him.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/12/15265478/charles-oliveira-suspended-60-days-by-nysac-for-leaving-cage-at-ufc-210
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”