Patricio Freire vows to take Daniel Straus' belt for his son

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Patricio Freire vows to take Daniel Straus' belt for his son

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Patricio Freire and Daniel Straus will meet for the fourth time on Friday night, but this meeting is unique for the Brazilian for one simple reason: he’s no longer the champion.

The featherweight duo battled for the first time in 2011, with “Pitbull" winning the 145-pound tournament and earning a shot at the Bellator belt. Four years later, then as the champion, Freire battled back from another tough fight to defeat Straus via fourth-round submission.

In Freire's third title defense, 10 months later, Straus finally avenged the losses and seized the featherweight belt to American Top Team. After taking a long time off due to injury, the champion will once again face the Brazilian, and Freire says it’s payback time at Bellator 178 in Uncasville.

"I always faced him in key fights,” Freire told MMA Fighting. "The difference now is that he’s he champion. We never fought before when he was in this position. What changes now is that I’m hungrier to get the belt back for my son.”

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/21/15373290/patricio-freire-promises-completely-different-fighter-fourth-bellator-fight-daniel-straus
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”