Cub Swanson hoping for title shot in late December or early 2018

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Cub Swanson hoping for title shot in late December or early 2018

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Cub Swanson defeated Artem Lobov on Saturday night at UFC Fight Night 108. Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
Cub Swanson kept his hot streak alive on Saturday night, defeating Artem Lobov in a one-sided decision in the main event of UFC Fight Night 108 to extend his four-fight winning streak in the UFC featherweight division.

Swanson then called for a shot against the winner of UFC 212’s title unification bout between Jose Aldo and Max Holloway, and afterward, Swanson admitted that his championship aspirations were a major reason why he accepted such a high-risk, low-reward fight against an unranked opponent like Lobov.

“It was an opportunity to do five fives and the extra media,“ Swanson told reporters in Nashville after UFC Fight Night 108. “I really did all the media and just attacked it and had a positive mindset and embraced it, and it was mental training for the title fight. That’s how I took it. I knew that Artem was no slouch and that he was going to come hard, but I knew that I’m just more well-rounded and more of a veteran, and that I was able to do all the media, do all the things and train for five fives, and just mentally prep myself for a title fight.”

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/23/15398178/with-baby-on-the-way-cub-swanson-hoping-for-title-shot-in-late-december-or-early-2018
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Maybe he could get one of them interim belts. Those things are flying all over the place.

Return to “Super Dojo”