UFC hires strength & conditioning, nutrition heads for Performance Institute

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

UFC hires strength & conditioning, nutrition heads for Performance Institute

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed May 10, 2017 3:52 pm

by Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi May 9, 2017

Just weeks ahead of its official opening, the UFC Performance Institute has added directors for strength & conditioning and nutrition, the UFC announced Tuesday.

Bo Sandoval has been hired to lead the institute’s strength & conditioning program and Clint Wattenberg will be the director of nutrition, per a UFC release. The UFC Performance Institute, which the UFC boasts will be a state-of-the-art facility involving every aspect of a fighter’s preparation for the Octagon, will open May 22.

Sandoval was most recently with the University of Michigan as the assistant director of strength & conditioning for Olympic sports. The Louisiana native spent eight years with the Wolverines athletic department. Sandoval has 15 years of experience in strength & conditioning, including time at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs focusing on combat sports.

Wattenberg comes to the UFC from Cornell University, where he worked in nutrition-focused jobs for six years. Most recently, Wattenberg was the Ivy League school’s sports nutrition coordinator, a position he held from 2013 until recently. The California native became a dietitian in 2010 and worked as a wrestling coach prior to that. Wattenberg was a two-time NCAA All-American wrestler at Cornell and competed for the U.S. national team in freestyle wrestling.

“We are excited to welcome Bo and Clint as the newest members of our UFC Performance Institute staff,” UFC COO Ike Lawrence Epstein said in a statement. “Bo and Clint are well-known and widely-respected experts in their individual fields and with two decades of collective professional experience, their additions to the team will be a tremendous benefit to our athletes.”

The release described the UFC Performance Institute as the “world’s first mixed martial arts multi-disciplinary research, innovation and performance center.” The 30,000-square-foot facility will be open and free to all UFC athletes and will have a full-time staff in place to assist in their preparation, from training to strength & conditioning to weight cutting.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/9/15603126/ufc-hires-strength-conditioning-nutrition-heads-for-performance-institute
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”