Holloway defends Jose Aldo’s legacy

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Holloway defends Jose Aldo’s legacy

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:21 pm

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jun 7, 2017

Max Holloway won the UFC featherweight championship against Jose Aldo at UFC 212 in Rio de Janeiro, and decided to go to his social media to send a message to the Brazilian.

Aldo was the first and only 145-pound titleholder in the Octagon until he lost the belt to Conor McGregor in 2015, but bounced back to win the interim title with a win over Frankie Edgar at UFC 200. Eleven months later, Aldo suffered his the third defeat of his career versus Holloway.

Losing is part of this fight game. Saturday night takes nothing away from his legacy. This is a guy who would show up to his gym sometimes without eating in the last day because he was so damn poor. This is a guy who built the 45 division and became king. This is a guy who found motivation to keep earning what he already had. He defended his throne. For a decade. For honor. For his team. For his countrymen. This is a guy who didn't start at pole position in this world and look at what he achieved. Brazil needs to celebrate that man. Acai with powdered milk and cashews for everyone. He's a GOAT, and his story will always be an inspiration to me and people of Hawaii. Obrigado, Ze @josealdojunioroficial Obrigado.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/7/15758256/max-holloway-defends-jose-aldo-legacy-after-ufc-212
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”