Bellator Signs Veteran Commentators Mike Goldberg and Mauro Ranallo

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Bellator Signs Veteran Commentators Mike Goldberg and Mauro Ranallo

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Despite remaining under contract with WWE until August 12th, former Smackdown Live announcer Mauro Ranallo has signed with Bellator per the announcement below:

June 13, 2017

LOS ANGELES — Bellator has signed longstanding MMA commentators Mike Goldberg and Mauro Ranallo to multi-event broadcast agreements beginning with Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs. Silva and Bellator 180: Davis vs. Bader on Saturday, June 24. The move sees Goldberg return to SPIKE for the first time since 2011, while Ranallo reunites with Bellator President Scott Coker, having worked together through 2013. The pair will join a broadcast team that currently includes Jimmy Smith, Jenn Brown and Chael Sonnen.

“Mike Goldberg and Mauro Ranallo are two of the best in our business and I couldn’t be happier about them joining the Bellator family,” said Scott Coker. “In addition to June 24, we look forward to working together to make future Spike broadcasts even more exciting for our fans as we add further depth to an already-exceptional broadcast team.”

“The addition of highly-regarded announcers Mauro and Mike to our fantastic lineup of broadcasters, and our first-rate production led by Scott Fishman, further demonstrates our commitment MMA fans and expanding the global Bellator brand,” added Spike SVP, Sports and Specials Jon Slusser.

Mike Goldberg is best known for his 20 plus years of play-by-play work in professional MMA and trademark calls that made him popular with fans around the globe. In addition to his two decades in mixed martial arts, he has broadcast every major sport at the network level, most notably his 900 games in the NHL, both nationally and with the Minnesota Wild, Vancouver Canucks and Detroit Red Wings. He has also hosted entertainment shows, including Shaq Vs. A graduate of Miami (Ohio) University, Goldberg now resides in Phoenix, Ariz.

Mauro Ranallo gained notoriety with MMA fans during his tenure with PRIDE, and later STRIKEFORCE, where his voice became synonymous with the now-legendary events. Throughout his career, Ranallo has spent time working with various sports outside of MMA, including boxing, professional wrestling, kickboxing and ice hockey, and will continue his work with Showtime Boxing. Ranallo, a native of British Columbia, Canada, now resides in Los Angeles, Calif.

Please visit Bellator.com and BellatorNYC.com for upcoming event information.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/848843-former-wwe-announcer-mauro-ranallo-signs-with-top-mma-promotion#IKigvw6MFkb3LuWd.99
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 pm

This is great news

I thought Mauro was a total goof when he first started doing PRIDE, but he grew on me very quickly and now I like the guy a lot. Great voice once you realize its genuine, lol

I don't know much about Goldberg, is he any good? I think if I remember correctly he guest-commentated the Bob Sapp vs Minotauro fight, and was TOTALLY in Sapp's corner, clear favoritism in his announcing lol. I guess they were friends or something, or maybe Big Nog pissed him off somewhere

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Some Love for Mauro:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:47 pm

I always thought Mauro was one of the best
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:24 pm

Masato wrote:This is great news

I thought Mauro was a total goof when he first started doing PRIDE, but he grew on me very quickly and now I like the guy a lot. Great voice once you realize its genuine, lol

I don't know much about Goldberg, is he any good? I think if I remember correctly he guest-commentated the Bob Sapp vs Minotauro fight, and was TOTALLY in Sapp's corner, clear favoritism in his announcing lol. I guess they were friends or something, or maybe Big Nog pissed him off somewhere

- Goldberg is a idiot. But a very funny one. Thats what i find ironic abou Rogan, his douche-bag boss and his former comentary partner are by far funny than him.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Another brilliant move from Coker.

Joe Mama

Postby Joe Mama » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Masato wrote:This is great news

I have had the pleasure of working with Mauro on the undercard of a couple of Glory events and hanging out getting blazed with him post show. You are spot on with the genuine personality comment. He is just as intense outside of work as he is within it.

Passionate seems to come to mind. But again the downside of this is the affliction of his struggles with depression and/or mental illness.
It its incredulously hard on both fronts. :(

Return to “Super Dojo”