Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:05 pm

Last night was terrible

My knee was feeling seriously fucked up but for some reason I kept going. A bunch of guys training for the World's Aug 24 so the level is high but I;m nowhere near that kind of training intensity

Judo guy threw me a bunch of times. Granted he is very good and controlled, its amazing how he chucked me without getting hurt too much but it still not fun to go home after getting tossed a bunch of times lol

Did SHITTY, spent the whole night in side control it seemed. Had a few good moments but not many. Also it feels like every time the coach is watching I'm getting owned lol

gotta grind through this, ups and downs

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 am

Masato wrote:Last night was terrible

My knee was feeling seriously fucked up but for some reason I kept going. A bunch of guys training for the World's Aug 24 so the level is high but I;m nowhere near that kind of training intensity

Judo guy threw me a bunch of times. Granted he is very good and controlled, its amazing how he chucked me without getting hurt too much but it still not fun to go home after getting tossed a bunch of times lol

Did SHITTY, spent the whole night in side control it seemed. Had a few good moments but not many. Also it feels like every time the coach is watching I'm getting owned lol

gotta grind through this, ups and downs

- Because you're concious, he's watching you, what makes you anxious (sp?). Sure enough, he knows how good you really are, by talking to people who train with you and looking at you without letting you know.

You should look at the stationary bike.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:49 am

the mats were a splash pad tonight.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Picture doesn't show well but I believe you. Sometimes our mats are just soaked

Strange how something so disgusting to any rational human being is oddly beautiful to those who create it :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:43 pm

A friend at jitz was telling me and another 40 year old Tuesday how he likes the exercise almost more than he likes jiu-jitsu, says he often comes just to burn off his excess energy, he just like to expel the 'fight' in him

The other 40-year-old and I were just looking at each other all depressed, lol I have to make an effort to FIND the energy to come to class, let alone worry about any excess. All 3 of us got our blues around the same time, the young guy is not great but he is really strong and hard to hold on to, he drives for side control and just holds you there, really frustrating but a challenge. Usually he gets the best of me but I did well that class, I got his back w/ a body triangle, he only passed my guard once but I reversed it and squashed him up from the top for a while till the bell. He's a good benchmark of how well my technique is coming, if I can fend him off I'm doing OK

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:43 pm

knees feel much better btw, I just need to maintain now

too bad I'm such a lazy ass lol

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:51 pm

We should try and make some time to roll
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Yeah and I could also go try to choke out the large tree in my front yard

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Hey, send me a text, I have a new phone and lost all my contacts

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Canuckster wrote:Image

the mats were a splash pad tonight.

- Canvas are the best to keep clean.
Canvas are very expensive here, so majority of places use those puzzle mats without canvas over them!

You look like Chris Jericho in this pic!

Baby!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”