Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 am

evil-kungfool wrote:You guys are both right. Grip breaks are extremely weak. I manage to not get collar choked but just by cross-grabbing my own collar, no special understanding there. There are some missing pieces.

I guess I didn't put myself in the 'Athletic Wrestler' overcompensating with attributes category because I roll more like a lazy Eduardo Telles. However, I now realize that I'm probably compensating with other abilities like Timing, Trickery and Unorthodox behavior. Sloppy Drunken Kung Fu on the mats has gotten me pretty far, but it also might cause me to plateau.

Love the Gi for the Butterfly Sweep though. I've been following BJJ Scout's Adam Wardzinski Study / Gameplan and it's working like a charm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2JCG5kuJ5Y

- You got health fingers from the No-Gi thought!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:25 am

Currently suffering from a crick in the neck. usually whenever I get them, it goes away the next day. But this bitch has been here 4 days! Already missed one day of training... what a joke. How do you get rid of it? I want to trane tomorrow.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 pm

You have to suck a dick........or so I've heard
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:You guys are both right. Grip breaks are extremely weak. I manage to not get collar choked but just by cross-grabbing my own collar, no special understanding there. There are some missing pieces.

I guess I didn't put myself in the 'Athletic Wrestler' overcompensating with attributes category because I roll more like a lazy Eduardo Telles. However, I now realize that I'm probably compensating with other abilities like Timing, Trickery and Unorthodox behavior. Sloppy Drunken Kung Fu on the mats has gotten me pretty far, but it also might cause me to plateau.

Love the Gi for the Butterfly Sweep though. I've been following BJJ Scout's Adam Wardzinski Study / Gameplan and it's working like a charm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2JCG5kuJ5Y

Those vids are dope, man. I will study, I kind of like butterfly guard it might work well for me

Would be amazing if we could get some BJJ technique discussion going here.. we should try to wrangle up a few more players. I would love to talk this stuff with some higher belts, start pitting together some different gameplans and things to think about. Got crushed yesterday by a guy that I can usually keep relatively competitive against. I complimented his improvement and he said he'd been watching a lot of videos and trying to create a game that works with his style etc. I don't do that stuff but I totally should, obviously it helps

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:55 pm

- You need to put more explosive movement on the Gi breaks, i used to try to break then with a more gentle way. A judoka/karateka showed-me how to do then with more body-movement. Its like a punch or a kick, theres need to put th whole body movement on it!

Its night and day whem you start doing that way!

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 am

Canuckster wrote:You have to suck a dick........or so I've heard
Getting accupressure massage right now. So hopefully it won't come to that.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:52 am

Diet Butcher wrote:

- How is the neck?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:

- How is the neck?

I got my full range of motion back. But still feel some pain. There's a knot in my neck somewhere that's been there since I was young (I remember doing pull ups without warming up and tore something there) so I'm thinking of going back to the masseuse once every couple of weeks to work that kink out. No happy ending tho.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:48 am

Hey guys, what are your favourite vids for leg locks and defences? My leg game is shit. I used to be a leg lock guy when I was a beginner. But when it stopped working on my teammates, I stopped doing them and now I suck.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:45 am

Diet Butcher wrote:Hey guys, what are your favourite vids for leg locks and defences? My leg game is shit. I used to be a leg lock guy when I was a beginner. But when it stopped working on my teammates, I stopped doing them and now I suck.

Return to “Super Dojo”