Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Diet Butcher

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Masato wrote:
Nice! I didn't know you trained, at least not regularly

I also had a 6-7 year layoff, I think more. Lost a lot of good years of training :( Its not easy doing BJJ in your 40's, we should support each other here lol

Masato, we've PMed about this. I would understand if this was a forum with hundreds of members and you're flooded with PMs every day. But..... it's not. So. You must have been high or something! :D

Funny story. I have a dojo nemesis already. As i pointed out, I used to be "That no-gi dude" for many years... on and off. So I would say a total of 4-5 years of no-gi grappling experience before I joined this current gym. Now I have embraced the gi and am starting again at white belt.

It's a new gym with mostly white belts, a few blues and 2 purples. The purples are not regulars. They jump from gym to gym and only comes around once every 2 weeks or so. The blues, well most of them are cool with me being able to hang with them on the mat, knowing that I had several years experience prior. Even with the 7 year layoff... my positioning is still pretty solid. I'm just very rusty with finishing.

But there is this one blue who has a beef with me. He probably thinks he's losing face because he can't a white belt. I pass his guard like butter. Dominate him in side control. Mount him at will. I kinda let him save some face by not really going hard for subs but if it was a tournament, I'd probably win by 20 points. He avoids sparring with me now, lol... never talks to me and I've caught him giving me dirty looks. I just think its funny, lol. Now i just have to steal his girl to make it a perfect story, lmao.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Had a grading tonight, got a stripe on my brown belt from Marcus Soares.

Nice!! Marcus is in town again? Congrats man

He was in town for that legends seminar, so he did a seminar/grading since he was already here. Makes sense, he has to come in from Vancouver but I wasn't really prepared for it.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:

I also had a 6-7 year layoff, I think more. Lost a lot of good years of training :( Its not easy doing BJJ in your 40's, we should support each other here lol

Masato, we've PMed about this. I would understand if this was a forum with hundreds of members and you're flooded with PMs every day. But..... it's not. So. You must have been high or something! :D

Funny story. I have a dojo nemesis already. As i pointed out, I used to be "That no-gi dude" for many years... on and off. So I would say a total of 4-5 years of no-gi grappling experience before I joined this current gym. Now I have embraced the gi and am starting again at white belt.

It's a new gym with mostly white belts, a few blues and 2 purples. The purples are not regulars. They jump from gym to gym and only comes around once every 2 weeks or so. The blues, well most of them are cool with me being able to hang with them on the mat, knowing that I had several years experience prior. Even with the 7 year layoff... my positioning is still pretty solid. I'm just very rusty with finishing.

But there is this one blue who has a beef with me. He probably thinks he's losing face because he can't a white belt. I pass his guard like butter. Dominate him in side control. Mount him at will. I kinda let him save some face by not really going hard for subs but if it was a tournament, I'd probably win by 20 points. He avoids sparring with me now, lol... never talks to me and I've caught him giving me dirty looks. I just think its funny, lol. Now i just have to steal his girl to make it a perfect story, lmao.

He's probably pissed because he thinks you're sandbagging.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Had a grading tonight, got a stripe on my brown belt from Marcus Soares.

Are you guys under Marcus Soares/Carlson Gracie team? I used to be too when I trained in TO :)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:

Are you guys under Marcus Soares/Carlson Gracie team? I used to be too when I trained in TO :)

Yes sir, were you with Mark Stables?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:

He's probably pissed because he thinks you're sandbagging.

I'm totally sandbagging, LOL. But I've made it no secret that I've rolled for years before... just no-gi. That's why I think its funny that he's so petty.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:

No, Omar Salvosa. But I've trained in Mark's garage on Queen Street before 8-)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:36 pm

From last night

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Canuckster wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:

No, Omar Salvosa. But I've trained in Mark's garage on Queen Street before 8-)

Nice, too bad you're so far away. Omar was at the legends seminar last weekend as well.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:43 pm

- Do you guys pratice weapons? The cool ones like kobujutsu or similar? Stick-fighting?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”