MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Masato wrote:Edge I must be daft but I still don't know what you train :D

BJJ? Are you a wrestler??? I thought you were a bodybuilder sometimes

- I doo Taekwondo and BJJ.
I lift weights, but just to stay health.

- Posted on 23 jun of 2017:

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:Hey all

How many active posters here train on a (semi)-regular basis?

What sort of training do you guys do? I know Canucksters a bit of a gym rat, and robbstar gets his mat time, would be fun to hear about what goes on at different gyms, your experiences training, what you're working on, funny stories etc. Encourage each other, our women and non-MA friends don't wanna hear these things :D

Last night I saw a girl get her blue belt, and got to roll with a local legend here Brian Beauchamp again (we've rolled before). Some things about FRAMING started clicking, had some good moments. That was nice because the class before I felt like I was doing shit, lol Funny how some nights I feel like I have no game at all and other nights I surprise myself and all of a sudden some things are there.

- I try to train a minimum of three days a week, besides lifting weight's two days a week. I train more taekwondo than jiu-jitsu on those last two years, because of time and money. TKD is far more cheap here.
A good friend of mine has room with mat's and he is a brown belt in jiu-jitsu and black-belt in TKD, my other good friend is a TKD black-belt too, so i go train with them when them have time.

Some of my best friend's have kicked me and punched me in the face far too regulary. :D

Some days you're the hammer and others you're the nail!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:33 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:Edge I must be daft but I still don't know what you train :D

BJJ? Are you a wrestler??? I thought you were a bodybuilder sometimes

- I doo Taekwondo and BJJ.
I lift weights, but just to stay health.

- Posted on 23 jun of 2017:

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:Hey all

How many active posters here train on a (semi)-regular basis?

What sort of training do you guys do? I know Canucksters a bit of a gym rat, and robbstar gets his mat time, would be fun to hear about what goes on at different gyms, your experiences training, what you're working on, funny stories etc. Encourage each other, our women and non-MA friends don't wanna hear these things :D

Last night I saw a girl get her blue belt, and got to roll with a local legend here Brian Beauchamp again (we've rolled before). Some things about FRAMING started clicking, had some good moments. That was nice because the class before I felt like I was doing shit, lol Funny how some nights I feel like I have no game at all and other nights I surprise myself and all of a sudden some things are there.

- I try to train a minimum of three days a week, besides lifting weight's two days a week. I train more taekwondo than jiu-jitsu on those last two years, because of time and money. TKD is far more cheap here.
A good friend of mine has room with mat's and he is a brown belt in jiu-jitsu and black-belt in TKD, my other good friend is a TKD black-belt too, so i go train with them when them have time.

Some of my best friend's have kicked me and punched me in the face far too regulary. :D

Some days you're the hammer and others you're the nail!

Yup!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm

- Good week of training!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Did pretty well against my coach last night. I've been getting stuck in his Z-Guard and came up with this solution:

I'm stuck in his Z-Guard, give up on passing and fall back for a leg-lock.

He follows my leg-lock, gets on top, clears the leg, and sits to a normal base.

I maintain a solid butterfly-hook, and make a small adjustment to get to half-butterfly.

I go from his best guard position, which I can't pass, to my best guard position, which he can't pass. It's worked a few times now.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:47 am

evil-kungfool wrote:Did pretty well against my coach last night. I've been getting stuck in his Z-Guard and came up with this solution:

I'm stuck in his Z-Guard, give up on passing and fall back for a leg-lock.

He follows my leg-lock, gets on top, clears the leg, and sits to a normal base.

I maintain a solid butterfly-hook, and make a small adjustment to get to half-butterfly.

I go from his best guard position, which I can't pass, to my best guard position, which he can't pass. It's worked a few times now.
Elliot finally shaved his head (the “me” in top pic)!!! We were once white belts together lol

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:11 am

I got paid back tonight. Coach totally smoked me and got it on camera.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:30 am

Vids plz
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 pm

Canuckster wrote:I want to roll your coach

Coach says since he got his black belt all sorts of purples/browns/blacks have been showing up to test him. From everything I've seen and heard he has humbled every one of them, lol people don't know how autistic this guy is about it/how hard he's been training for a hella long time. People come to challenge, but stay/come back to learn

Anyways if you want a crack at him he says you are welcome to come in for a class anytime. I'd be happy to introduce you/keep it respectful.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:45 pm

I've been in before, he kinda fades into the woodwork when I'm there. It the weight differential is significant though so he's kind of at a disadvantage.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:46 pm

evil-kungfool those are great posts

Is that really you in the photos? or just using as aides to describe the techniques?

Return to “Super Dojo”