Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Redneck wrote:I did an '8 week Knightly combat course' which taught Medieval longsword fighting and dagger techniques, and some basic unarmed shit.

It was cool and I noticed that the ancient sword fighting footwork and techniques were not so different to Filipino machete, stick and knife techniques.

- That's look's very cool, Man.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:58 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Redneck wrote:I did an '8 week Knightly combat course' which taught Medieval longsword fighting and dagger techniques, and some basic unarmed shit.

It was cool and I noticed that the ancient sword fighting footwork and techniques were not so different to Filipino machete, stick and knife techniques.

It was very cool.

I have trained in Filipino and other CQC styles over the years and this fitted in perfectly. Swords are a very effective weapon and I own a few but had never trained specifically in sword fighting. This gave me a crash course in the best ways to use a sword according to soldiers from the 14th century when swords were the main weapon.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Redneck wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

It was very cool.

I have trained in Filipino and other CQC styles over the years and this fitted in perfectly. Swords are a very effective weapon and I own a few but had never trained specifically in sword fighting. This gave me a crash course in the best ways to use a sword according to soldiers from the 14th century when swords were the main weapon.

- I don't know if we have something like that here besides kendo. Did you ever use a armour? How imobily they are?

I love Bô, tonfas thought and arrows.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:56 am

Redneck wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

It was very cool.

Im not too far from you at all mate, wanna spar a shitty low level paki powerlifter like me?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:00 pm

- Training session of yesterday was good. Still working on my roundhouse.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:09 am

^^ cool

I know nothing of roundhouses. Are you practicing them in the air? On a heavy bag? with a partner? Is it a high roundhouse or a body roundhouse?

My class went awesome last night, a bunch of things started clicking. Barely, but like a tiny crack in a window. My knee hurts though, kinda sucks... its not bad I can still train but am nervous if its weak that I could hurt it more seriously. Bad timing, I'm really pumped to train these days having lots of fun.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:46 am

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Masato wrote:^^ cool

I know nothing of roundhouses. Are you practicing them in the air? On a heavy bag? with a partner? Is it a high roundhouse or a body roundhouse?

My class went awesome last night, a bunch of things started clicking. Barely, but like a tiny crack in a window. My knee hurts though, kinda sucks... its not bad I can still train but am nervous if its weak that I could hurt it more seriously. Bad timing, I'm really pumped to train these days having lots of fun.

- A high-one, with the righ-leg, my left look/are good. Mine righ-ones(rear-leg do look good on the air, but when hitting a bag they scoopy(word?) up. Sometimes i get the motion into the kick, today i get the motion more frequently, but if i do 10 kicks, i miss at least 4. I get the turning the heel towards the oponnent, but i still miss a lot when doing at normal speed. :(

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Masato wrote:^^ cool

- Go to a anti-aging clinic, you already got kid's.
You don't need a functional penis anymore! :mrgreen:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 pm

My god - my KNEES. My fucking knees. lol

I don't know why, about 3-4 days ago they just started hurting like hell, my left one keeps giving out just getting in and out of the car etc

I don't remember injuring them, but they're suddenly all fucked up. They have had injuries in the past though, I've put my knees through a lot in life, snowboarding etc

I went last night but couldn't do one of the drills, and was so worried rolling I had to torn everything way down, had to limit myself to very square positions.

Maybe its all this De la Riva guard stuff we're doing, its really hard twisting all the time on the knees.

What can I do? They feel all fragile all of a sudden, it sucks I can't do jitz like this they need to heal!!

Return to “Super Dojo”