MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Canuckster wrote:Image

Putting in work with my boy John today.

- No shoop needed

what you have there is an artful representation of ultimate manhood. I can almost smell the hard earned sweat on their bodies... licking it off and imbibing their manly juices whilst I softly caress their rock hard and sore muscles... playing with their toes and shit

:mrgreen:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/chael-and-yushin-photoshop-potential-from-ufc-countdown.1784745/
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:34 pm

I was like wtf until I read the sherdog thread, lol
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:43 pm

I didn't read the Sherdog thread so WTF

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Never rolled mean much before. Gotta start now. Competing in 2 weeks. First time since 2001. Wish me luck!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

He DB, how's your training going?? Are you still competing? keep us posted, been thinkin of ya

My jiu jitsu has been totally different since I stopped smoking. Been pushing really hard, I feel 'smarter' out there, learning curve feels like it steepened considerably. I underestimated how punchy it was making me, and how much energy it was sucking

Happy training, Diet Butcher!! Go get em man

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Yup. Competing tomorrow! There's only 3 ppl in my division. One of the other guys got a bye to the final. So I'd have at least 2 matches. I'm also planning on entering the absolute too. So hopefully I get about 5 matches or more for the entire day.

The strongest typhoon ever recorded is also head this way this weekend, but its not expected to hit before the tournament starts. But it would be cool if we were fighting during a fucking Super-Typhoon!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Yup. Competing tomorrow! There's only 3 ppl in my division. One of the other guys got a bye to the final. So I'd have at least 2 matches. I'm also planning on entering the absolute too. So hopefully I get about 5 matches or more for the entire day.

The strongest typhoon ever recorded is also head this way this weekend, but its not expected to hit before the tournament starts. But it would be cool if we were fighting during a fucking Super-Typhoon!

Good luck man
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Got silver in my division.

Busted my ribs in the semis ala Anderson vs Chael 1. Toughed it out in the finals and lost on points. Almost pulled an Anderson with an armbar from guard. It was almost locked in. All I had to do was extend my hips, but I couldn't because of the pain in my ribs. Dude had nothing on me but I just couldn't do shit. I don't know how Anderson did it. Cracked rib is FUCKING UNBEARABLE.

Just got back from hospital. Thankfully, rib is not fractured. On pain meds now. Obviously didn't get to compete in the absolute :(

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Got silver in my division.

Busted my ribs in the semis ala Anderson vs Chael 1. Toughed it out in the finals and lost on points. Almost pulled an Anderson with an armbar from guard. It was almost locked in. All I had to do was extend my hips, but I couldn't because of the pain in my ribs. Dude had nothing on me but I just couldn't do shit. I don't know how Anderson did it. Cracked rib is FUCKING UNBEARABLE.

Just got back from hospital. Thankfully, rib is not fractured. On pain meds now. Obviously didn't get to compete in the absolute :(

Congrats DB!! This is worthy of its own thread!

Do you remember the spcific moment you got the injury? Or did you just feel it after the match? Sounds horrible! Congrats for toughing it through Not sure if that was the smartest thing to do, lol but I'm guessing you feel better about yourself having done so, and not gone home having pulled out

Really impressive. You're in the 40+ division, right? What were the other competitors like? Were they close to 40 and relatively fit/strong?

Enjoy the pain meds :D

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:58 pm

^ yeah man, I remember feeling a crunch in my ribs during a scramble in the semis. Didn't hurt at the time but I was thinking uh oh... that's gonna hurt later. Sure enough the pain kicked in in the finals. I was like, fuck, can I do this? Should I quit? Nah man, unless he gets me in a sub, I ain't tapping. So I did the best I could with every breath hurting my ribs like a bitch. At the end of the match I was in his guard. He was totally gassed. I still had gas but the pain in my ribs prevented me from doing what I had to do so I just layed there til time was up. So pissed off... strength, gas, and skill, he was no match for me but I was crippled.

Yeah 40s div. They were in good enough shape for their age but I'm sorta like a beast compared to them. Thats why I'm not taking this loss very well, LOL

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:14 pm

I think crib injuries are the most common in BJJ

Return to “Super Dojo”