Pacquiao Horn Robbery

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Re: Pacquiao Horn Robbery

Postby Luigi » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:20 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote:The people who think Pacquiao got robbed are the ones who were listening to Teddy Atlas' ridiculous commentary. I watched the fight with the British commentators and it was clearly a back and forth war, not the one sided robbery that Atlas made it out to be. The story of this fight was not that Pacquiao should have won, its that Pacquiao looked old and gassed, which we have never seen before. Either he didn't take the fight seriously or he is shot.

Here is the PBP thread with live comments from the boxing nerds:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/offic ... s.3561305/

- Luigi!

Haha hey buddy. I am still lurking, just not much to talk about lately. Also the dojo has seemed to slow down a bit. I think Mas is busy with work.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:03 pm

I watched the entire fight and I think it depends on a lot of factors as to how it was judged. Manny got the most punches in over all but they weren't spread evenly throughout the rounds. On paper it could have gone either way depending on who won a couple of close rounds. The judges gave those rounds to Horn which is what caused the decision.

This decision is probably good for the sport of boxing. It certainly has gotten the attention of the world's media more than if Manny had been handed another predictable decision.

Return to “Super Dojo”