GIlbert Melendez vs. Jeremy Stephens set for UFC 215

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

GIlbert Melendez vs. Jeremy Stephens set for UFC 215

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:49 am

by Dave Doyle @davedoylemma Jul 6, 2017

A pairing of featherweights who are looking to shake off losing steaks has been added to UFC 215 in Edmonton.

Former Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez will square off with Jeremy Stephens on Sept. 9 at Rogers Place. The UFC confirmed an initial report by Damon Martin.

The 35-year-old Melendez hasn’t been particularly active recently, as his four-losses-in-five-fights stretch dates back to April 2013. Melendez’s most recent bout was a unanimous decision loss to Edson Barboza at UFC on FOX 20 in Chicago last July.

Stephens (25-14), meanwhile, is also trying to get back on the winning track. Stephens has dropped two straight, and three of his past four, most recently a split decision defeat against Renato Moicano in Kansas City on April 15.

There has not yet been a main event named for the card, which will also feature a heavyweight matchup between former champion Junior dos Santos and Francis Ngannou.

Source https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/6/15930930/gilbert-melendez-vs-jeremy-stephens-set-for-ufc-215
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”