Saku gets UFC Hall of Fame

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Saku gets UFC Hall of Fame

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:32 pm

CONGRATS to my all-time #1 favourite fighter

Here is the UFC announcer guy who doesn't even know who Saku is or how to say his name, lol:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:36 pm

For anyone wondering why Saku is getting a UFC award, he DID compete in the UFC.

Not only that, but he was actually UFC HW Tournament Champion. It is a GREAT story, he fought Conan Silveira (way bigger), and dropped down to go for an ankle pick. Big John thought Saku was out and stopped the fight. Saku's corner protested crazy, and apparently they hounded Conan's locker room backstage until they agreed to have a second fight, where Saku got the arm.

This is the stuff you can't make up, would make a great movie scene lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:08 am

Masato wrote:For anyone wondering why Saku is getting a UFC award, he DID compete in the UFC.

Not only that, but he was actually UFC HW Tournament Champion. It is a GREAT story, he fought Conan Silveira (way bigger), and dropped down to go for an ankle pick. Big John thought Saku was out and stopped the fight. Saku's corner protested crazy, and apparently they hounded Conan's locker room backstage until they agreed to have a second fight, where Saku got the arm.

- PLus he competed in Pride and UFC owns Pride right's. Well deserved introduction at the hall of fame.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:05 am

Masato wrote:For anyone wondering why Saku is getting a UFC award, he DID compete in the UFC.

Our jits coach in Oakville Vince was a blue belt at the time we went there under Conan, who was a black belt under Carlson Sr, I remember Vince talking to us about this fight and he said Conan told him that his head was all messed up the second time around because of how crazy it got in the locker room.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”