Jose Aldo set to compete in jiu-jitsu in Brazil

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Jose Aldo set to compete in jiu-jitsu in Brazil

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:46 pm

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jul 21, 2017

Jose Aldo will return to competition next week, but it won't be inside the Octagon.

The former UFC featherweight champion has signed up to compete at IBJJF’s Master International Championship in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on July 28-30, the federation announced Thursday night.

"We are very honored to have the great Jose Aldo Junior registered for the Master South America,” IBJJF announced on its social media. "We can't wait to see this MMA legend representing the Nova União team in the light division.”

The lightweight division will also feature three-time world champion Celsinho Venicius.

A black belt under Andre Pederneiras, Aldo hasn’t competed under jiu-jitsu rules in more than a decade. Back in 2004, Aldo defeated future multiple-time world champion Rubens Charles “Cobrinha" as a brown belt en route to winning the CBJO gold, and then made his transition to mixed martial arts.

“Scarface” recently lost his UFC belt to Max Holloway at UFC 212, suffering his second loss in the UFC.

Source https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/21/16007266/jose-aldo-set-to-compete-in-jiu-jitsu-in-brazil-ufc
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Interesting to see his ground skills after all these years.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:08 pm

That was underwhelming.

Return to “Super Dojo”