Australian MT prospect Chadd Collins

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Australian MT prospect Chadd Collins

Postby Luigi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:30 am

Chadd is a young Aussie MT prospect who has burst onto the scene. He is 21/22 years old and is trained by the golden age legend Sangtiennoi, called the deadly kisser because he would kiss his opponents before brutally destroying them. Sangtiennoi defeated Ramon Dekkers too. Chadd first got noticed last year when he fought former Lumpinee stadium champion Pakorn in Muay Xtreme, a MT promotion that used MMA gloves. The match can be see here at the 1:37:00 mark:

He then faced Manasak, one of the best stadium fighters at his weight and lost a decision, but was competitive. He then fought the legendary Saenchai in Thai Fight, a nationalistic promotion known for sending farang(foreigners) to the slaughter against elite Thais. Instead of getting slaughtered Chadd held his own and gave Saenchai some trouble in the clinch, but lost the decision. However his impressive performance gained him the right attention from the right people, and he got scheduled to fight in Lumpinee stadium against Seksun, one of the best if not the best fighter at lightweight(131-135), a very prestigious weight class. Seksun is known for his KO power and was coming off a win over the highly touted elbow hunter, Muangthai. Chadd usually fights at 145 lbs, and this fight was set at 143. Chadd would have weight advantage to make up for his much lesser experience. The fight happened yesterday, here is the video:

Defying all expectations, Chadd won. This was not the typical instance of a farang beating a stadium Thai, where usually the farang has a huge weight advantage and wins by KO. Chadd used a Thai style and outscored the Thai in the esoteric Thai scoring system, which he clearly has a deep understanding of given his excellent round 5. All that and the guy has barely started his career. He has all the potential to go on to become a great stadium champion.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:06 pm

- Australia has a pretty strong muay-thai scene. Hope the guy stays health and gets a solid career.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”