RIZIN announces super atomweight grand prix for Oct. 15

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

RIZIN announces super atomweight grand prix for Oct. 15

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:26 pm

by MMA Fighting Newswire Aug 8, 2017

RIZIN Fighting Federation is continuing the grand tradition of MMA tournaments with the announcement of its first women’s Grand Prix, which will begin on Oct. 15 at the Marine Messe Fukuoka arena in Fukuoka, Japan.

The GP will feature eight super atomweight (108 pounds) fighters vying for a 10 million yen prize (approximately $91,000 USD).

Tuesday’s press release highlighted an opening round matchup between former shoot boxing standout Rena Kubota (commonly billed as “RENA”), who has compiled a 4-0 MMA record since making her debut with RIZIN in December 2015. She has won all of her fights by knockout or submission.

Opposite RENA will be South Carolina’s Andy Nguyen. In eight professional bouts, Nguyen has compiled a 5-3 record and she currently holds the King of the Cage atomweight championship.

Also expected to compete are world champion freestyle wrestler Miyuu Yamamoto (the older sister of Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto), DEEP JEWELS veteran Saori Ishioka, and 19-year-old Kanna Asakura. The full field is still to be announced.

The Oct. 15 show will also feature the continuation of the bantamweight GP, which has already seen former UFC flyweight contender Kyoji Horiguchi advance to the second round, and an exhibition grappling match between Kazushi Sakuraba and Dan Henderson.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/8/16115756/rizin-announces-super-atomweight-grand-prix-for-oct-15
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”