Anderson Silva vs. Kelvin Gastelum agreed upon for UFC Shanghai

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Anderson Silva vs. Kelvin Gastelum agreed upon for UFC Shanghai

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:04 pm

by Dave Doyle @davedoylemma Aug 10, 2017

The venue has moved halfway around the world, but it looks like we’re going to see Anderson Silva fight Kelvin Gastelum after all.

The middleweights have agreed to meet in the main event of UFC Shanghai on Nov. 25. MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani confirmed an initial report by FloCombat.

Silva (34-8, 1 NC), the former middleweight champion who remains the longest-reigning champion in UFC history at seven years and seven months, returns to action for the first time since a hotly contested decision victory over Derek Brunson at UFC 208.

Gastelum (13-3, 1 NC), meanwhile, is looking to shake off a loss via finish to Chris Weidman at last month’s UFC on FOX 25 on Long Island, N.Y. That marked his first loss since jumping up to 185 pounds.

Silva-Gastelum bout between the two was originally scheduled for UFC 212 in Brazil, but Gastelum was yanked from the bout after testing positive for marijuana. The bout will now be held on the UFC’s first card on mainland China.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/10/16127884/anderson-silva-vs-kelvin-gastelum-agreed-upon-for-ufc-shanghai
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”