Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw official for UFC 217

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw official for UFC 217

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 pm

by Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi Aug 17, 2017

Madison Square Garden is getting a second title fight.

Cody Garbrandt will defend his UFC bantamweight title against former champ T.J. Dillashaw at UFC 217 on Nov. 4 in New York, the UFC announced Wednesday night. Garbrandt had been campaigning for the fight at MSG, but it was not made official until now.

The two men were supposed to meet at UFC 213 last month in Las Vegas, but Garbrandt sustained a back injury and had to withdraw. Dillashaw thought about moving down to flyweight and challenging Demetrious Johnson for his title, but that idea was scrapped.

Garbrandt (11-0) won the bantamweight title from Dominick Cruz by unanimous decision at UFC 207 last December. The Team Alpha Male product has put together an incredible run in the UFC with six victories and four finishes in six fights. Garbrandt, 26, has been positioned by the promotion as a future big draw.

Dillashaw (14-3) is the former teammate of Garbrandt at Team Alpha Male. The two have a rivalry that goes back years. A stint as coaches on The Ultimate Fighter back in the spring only threw gasoline on the fire. Dillashaw, 31, lost the title to Cruz in January 2016, but has rebounded with back-to-back wins, the most recent unanimous decision over John Lineker at UFC 207.

UFC 217 is headlined by a middleweight title fight between champion Michael Bisping and returning superstar Georges St-Pierre. Last year’s card at Madison Square Garden — the first ever UFC event in New York City — had three title fights.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/17/16160460/cody-garbrandt-vs-t-j-dillashaw-official-for-ufc-217-in-new-york
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”