Shooto Brazil 74 results:

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Shooto Brazil 74 results:

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Rodolfo Vieira, Bruno Malfacine score finishes in Rio de Janeiro

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Aug 27, 2017

RIO DE JANEIRO — Jiu-jitsu stars Rodolfo Vieira and Bruno Malfacine were two of the biggest names on the Shooto Brazil 74 card Sunday night in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and scored submission victories. Vieira had to dig deep for his win, though.

Vieira, a four-time jiu-jitsu world champion as a black belt, took on late-replacement Fagner Rackchal in the co-main event. Rackchal, who entered the bout with a 2-3 professional record against the 1-0 light heavyweight prospect, started to taunt and showboat right after stopping Vieira’s first takedown.

Whenever Vieira attacked, Rackchal responded with gestures. Vieira got tired after the opening round, but was able to take his opponent down in the second and immediately go for an armbar, but Rackchal frustrated him once again.

Rackchal followed the same strategy in the final round, but Vieira was a able to get him down and land punches before locking arm-triangle choke and get the tap with 13 seconds left.

Vieira’s teammate Bruno Malfacine at American Top Team, a nine-time jiu-jitsu world champion, didn’t have the same trouble against Romario Boaes, finishing him with an armbar in 94 seconds in his professional MMA debut.

Bellator veteran and former Sengoku champion Marlon Sandro capped off the night with a first-round submission against Diego Arturo, stopping him with an arm-triangle choke.

Shooto Brazil 74 also featured three title bouts. In the strawweight division, Jhonata Silva defeated Yan Teixeira via unanimous decision. Luan Danger stopped Jafel Filho via third-round rear-naked choke to win the flyweight gold, and Geraldo de Freitas took the bantamweight belt from Luciano Benicio via unanimous decision.

Source:https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/27/16213052/shooto-brazil-74-results-rodolfo-vieira-bruno-malfacine-score-finishes
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”