Write the bonus check now: Joe Lauzon meets Clay Guida at UFN 120

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Write the bonus check now: Joe Lauzon meets Clay Guida at UFN 120

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 pm

A lightweight showdown between a pair of veterans with 24 UFC bonuses between them … yes, 24 … has been queued up for the promotion’s return to Virginia this fall.

Joe Lauzon (27-13 MMA, 14-10 UFC), who has 15 fight-night bonuses on his resume, and Clay Guida (33-17 MMA, 13-11 UFC), who has nine, will meet at UFC Fight Night 120 in November. UFC officials announced the new booking today.

UFC Fight Night 120 takes place Nov. 11 at Ted Constant Convocation Center in Norfolk, Va. The event airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.

Lauzon has been up and down for his past eight fights. After a TKO win over Michael Chiesa, he was stopped by Al Iaquinta with a second-round TKO at UFC 183. But he bounced back in July 2015 in Chicago with a TKO of Takanori Gomi. It was back to the loss column later that year with a decision setback to Evan Dunham, though.

But at UFC 200 this past July, he rebounded by knocking out Diego Sanchez for a bonus at UFC 200. His follow-up was a “Fight of the Night” winner, but a decision loss to fellow veteran Jim Miller, which most media members thought he won.

In January at UFC Fight Night 104, he took a split decision from Marcin Held – a win he even admitted he didn’t deserve. But the MMA judging gods appeared to pay him back in April when he lost a majority decision to Stevie Ray in Nashville.

Guida has been on his own up/down run the past six or so years. He has won just four of his past 10 fights, but the losses have come to the likes of former UFC and WEC champ Benson Henderson and former title challenger Gray Maynard, as well as Chad Mendes.

His wins in that stretch have all been by decision over Hatsu Hioki, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Robbie Peralta, and most recently, a unanimous decision over Erik Koch in June at UFC Fight Night 112 when he returned to the lightweight division after going 3-4 at featherweight.

WIth the addition, the latest UFC Fight Night 120 card now includes:

Anthony Pettis vs. Dustin Poirier
Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez
Nina Ansaroff vs. Angela Hill
Cezar Ferreira vs. Nate Marquardt
Karl Roberson vs. Darren Stewart
Jake Collier vs. Marcel Fortuna
Junior Albini vs. Andrei Arlovski
Court McGee vs. Sean Strickland
Clay Guida vs. Joe Lauzon

Source: http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/joe-lauzon-clay-guida-ufc-fight-night-120-norfolk
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”