John Dodson to fight Marlon Moraes at UFC Norfolk

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

John Dodson to fight Marlon Moraes at UFC Norfolk

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:19 pm

by Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Aug 31, 2017

The UFC’s upcoming trip to Norfolk, Va., has added a high-level bantamweight clash to the card.

John Dodson (19-8) and former World Series of Fighting champion Marlon Moraes (18-5-1) are set to meet at UFC Fight Night 120 on Nov. 11 at the Ted Constant Convocation Center, MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz confirmed Thursday with sources. “The Magician” announced the matchup via Twitter on Friday following an initial report by journalist Farah Hannoun.

This will be Dodson’s fourth fight at bantamweight after a run at 125 pounds that saw him twice challenge Demetrious Johnson for the flyweight title. He is 2-1 at 135 pounds, with a unanimous decision win over Eddie Wineland in his most recent outing this past April.

After an undefeated 11-fight run with WSOF, Moraes signed with the UFC in April and he was paired up with fellow Brazilian contender Raphael Assuncao at UFC 212 in Rio de Janeiro. Moraes’s dominant stretch ended when he came out on the wrong end of a split decision, and he’ll be searching for his first win inside the Octagon when he goes head-to-head with Dodson.

The UFC has yet to officially announce the bout.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/31/16238320/john-dodson-to-fight-marlon-moraes-at-ufc-norfolk
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”