Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis slated for UFC Norfolk

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis slated for UFC Norfolk

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:54 pm

by Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti Sep 13, 2017

A sizzling lightweight matchup between Dustin Poirier and former UFC champion Anthony Pettis has been finalized for Nov. 11 at UFC Norfolk.

The UFC announced the booking late Wednesday.

Poirier (21-5, 1 NC) looks to continue his torrid run at 155 pounds since moving up from the featherweight division in 2015. The 28-year-old fighter has lost only once in seven contests over that span, while also picking up victories over notable names like Jim Miller, Joe Duffy, and Bobby Green.

In his last outing, Poirier faced Eddie Alvarez in a thrilling back-and-forth affair which took ‘Fight of the Night’ honors at UFC 211. The match ultimately ended in a no contest after Alvarez landed two illegal knees to a grounded Poirier. A rematch between the two lightweights was briefly discussed, however Alvarez ended up accepting a coaching role opposite Justin Gaethje on The Ultimate Fighter 26.

Now, Poirier will instead meet Pettis (20-6), a former UFC lightweight champion who made his successful return to the land of 155 pounds with a unanimous decision win over Jim Miller at UFC 213.

The performance marked a long-awaited return to form for “Showtime,” who had previously suffered through a 1-4 slump in his post-title days — a run which culminated in a dangerous and ultimately failed dalliance at 145 pounds, during which the 30-year-old veteran missed weight then suffered a third-round TKO defeat in an interim title contest against Max Holloway at UFC 206.

UFC Fight Night 120 takes place at the Ted Constant Convocation Center in Norfolk, Virginia. The card will air live on FOX Sports 1.

An updated UFC Fight Night 120 card can be seen below.

Anthony Pettis vs. Dustin Poirier
Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez
John Dodson vs. Marlon Moraes
Andrei Arlovski vs. Junior Albini
Angela Hill vs. Nina Ansaroff
Cezar Ferreira vs. Nate Marquardt
Clay Guida vs. Joe Lauzon
Karl Roberson vs. Darren Stewart
Jake Collier vs. Marcel Fortuna
Court McGee vs. Sean Strickland
Viviane Pereira vs. Tatiana Suarez

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/13/16305546/dustin-poirier-vs-anthony-pettis-slated-for-ufc-norfolk-fight-card
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”