Titleholder vs. titleholder fight set for ONE Championship 64

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Titleholder vs. titleholder fight set for ONE Championship 64

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:19 pm

on Nov. 10

By: Dann Stupp | September 19, 2017

It’ll be champion vs. champion in a November headliner at ONE Championship 64.

Officials today announced a fight between lightweight titleholder Eduard Folayang (18-5) and featherweight champ Martin Nguyen (9-1).

The bout will be contested at 155 pounds, with Folayang’s belt on the line. It’s the first cross-division champion-vs.-champion fight in ONE Championship history.

“ONE Championship 64: Legends of the World” takes place Nov. 10 at Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines, and it streams as an online pay-per-view in North America.

Folayang, a 32-year-old Filipino fighter, will be the clear crowd favorite as he looks for his fight straight win and second straight title defense. The former URCC champion and longtime ONE Championship fighter scored a TKO victory over Shinya Aoki to pick up the ONE Championship belt in 2016, and he then posted a successful title defense in April with a grueling decision victory over Ev Ting.

He takes on Nguyen, a 28-year-old Australian fighter who claimed his featherweight belt with a second-round knockout of Marat Gafurov in August. It marked his fifth straight win, all of which came via stoppage. In fact, in nine career wins, he has nine stoppages, including six knockouts and three submissions.

Additional ONE Championship 64 bouts will be announced in the coming weeks.

Source: http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/titleholder-vs-titleholder-eduard-folayang-martin-nguyen-one-championship-64
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”