Combate Americas announces one-night, $100,000 tournament

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Combate Americas announces one-night, $100,000 tournament

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:07 pm

by Dave Doyle @davedoylemma Sep 19, 2017

One day before the 24th anniversary of the night the first UFC tournament revolutionized the world of combat sports, another tourney will go down.

Combate Americas will hold a one-night, eight-man bantamweight tournament on Nov. 11 in Cancun, Mexico. MMA Fighting confirmed an initial Tuesday report by ESPN.

Additionally, the quarterfinal and semifinal fights will be three, three-minute rounds, while the championship will be three, five-minute rounds.

There will be two alternate matchups, with the winners on standby in case a tourney competitor is injured. And elbows will be banned over the first two rounds of the tournament.

The tourney is near the anniversary of the Nov. 12, 1993 UFC 1 tournament in Denver, won by Royce Gracie. Combate CEO Campbell McClaren was an executive for the initial UFC show.

There is a $100,000 prize for the tournament winner. The names of the tournament competitors, and venue for the show, will be announced at a later date.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/19/16334784/combate-americas-announces-one-night-100000-tournament
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”