ONE announces ‘David vs. Goliath’ openweight bout

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

ONE announces ‘David vs. Goliath’ openweight bout

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:59 pm

between Aung La N Sang and Alain Ngalani

by Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Oct 2, 2017

Fans craving the old school MMA days that were free of weight classes are getting a treat from Singapore’s ONE Championship promotion.

On Monday, ONE announced that middleweight champion Aung La N Sang will take on heavyweight Alain Ngalani in a five-round, non-title openweight bout at the ‘ONE: Hero’s Dream’ show on Nov. 3 at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar. A press release dubbed it ONE’s first-ever ‘David vs. Goliath’ matchup.

Sang, 32, recently captured the ONE 185-lb title with a unanimous decision win over Vitaly Bigdash in June. “The Burmese Python” has won 5-1 record in the ONE cage, and a 20-10 professional record overall with one no-contest.

A decorated Muay Thai competitor, Ngalani has competed in six MMA contests for ONE, going 3-3 with none of his fights making it to the final bell. In his last fight on Sept. 16, “The Panther” recorded an 11-second KO of Hideki Sekine:

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/2/16403450/one-announces-david-vs-goliath-openweight-bout-between-aung-la-n-sang-and-alain-ngalani
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”